- Submit an online application with the TN Department of Safety & Homeland Security.
- Upon completion of the above application you will receive your application number that you must place in the “Remarks” section of your Outpost Armory registration. We need to have this so we can properly notify the state that you have successfully passed your course.
TN Enhanced Carry
TN Enhanced Carry Permit Information
There is a great amount of responsibility involved in choosing to carry a firearm to protect yourself and your loved ones. Our Instructors have decades of weapons training experience as well as actual experience employing weapons under stress. You will gain not only the ability to legally use your weapon defensively but more importantly you will gain the knowledge on how to minimize the need to do so. The Outpost Armory TN Enhanced Carry Class covers the related laws, liability, legal use of deadly force, basic gun safety, safe storage and the steps needed to apply for and receive your TN State Enhanced Carry Permit.
All TOA TN Enhanced Carry Permit Classes are conducted at the newly built Outpost Armory and Range, in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. You will enjoy your experience in their climate controlled indoor shooting range, and newly designed classroom. Haven’t selected a gun yet? No problem! The Outpost Armory has rental guns and ammunition available and our instructors will be available to provide their expertise in helping you find the best match for you. This 8-hour class fulfills the State requirement to apply for your Tennessee Enhanced Carry Permit. Upon successful completion students will have passed a written test and fired a passing qualification score on the range portion of the class.
Concealed Carry Classes
- One day classes begin at 8:00 AM. Doors open at 7:45 and we will have coffee ready for you.
- Please arrive a few minutes prior to the start of class so we can complete a small amount of administrative paperwork.
- The class is taught at a relaxed pace with frequent breaks.
- Targets, Hearing Protection and Eye Protection are provided.
- Due to the wide level of shooter experience in these classes we ask that you bring your handgun in a range bag or its case and present it to the instructor for inspection upon arrival.
- NO AMMUNITION IS ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM. Leave it in your vehicle until told otherwise.
- The range qualification requires at least 50 rounds.
- You may bring your own ammunition or purchase it from us.
- You have 6 months from the date of completion to complete the application process
- Go to your local DMV driver services branch with your Application Receipt Number
- Submit a copy of your Birth Certificate or US Passport
- Pay the state application fee
- Complete the finger printing process (DMV will provide details on the process)
- Your Handgun Carry Permit will be delivered to you by US Mail.